Archive for January, 2010
- The study group will move at half the pace of the CS193P class. This means two lectures and 1-2 assignments every two weeks. There will be one meetup every week.
Week 1 starts on January 25, 2010. Everyone views the lectures and works on the assignments on her own. There will be a meetup on February 4 to discuss concepts and assignment solutions.
The mechanics are still being ironed out, but here’s what I’m envisioning:
- The study group will move at the same pace as the CS193P class. This means two one-hour lectures a week, and one assignment a week.
- Each participant will view the lecture videos on her own
- Each participant will work on the assignments on her own
- There will be an optional once-a-week meet-up to work on assignments together. Everyone still work on the assignment solution individually – the assignments have been designed that way – but the meet-up is an opportunity to have a high-bandwidth discussion on difficult concepts.
- There will be once-a-week meet-ups to “submit” assignments and discuss solutions.
The meet-ups will from 8pm to 9pm and will be held in the Ortigas office of Sagada Solutions.
If you’re interested in joining the group, please join this Google group.
A new class has just started, and the material has been updated for iPhone OS 3.0. Videos of the lectures are available for free in iTunesU one week after the actual class.
Watching the videos (of the 2009 class) and working on the assignments has been the best iPhone programming exercise I’ve done so far. Highly recommended.
Follow the class here: http://www.stanford.edu/class/cs193p/cgi-bin/drupal/